It was a long and good trip. We spent time at Temple Square, did a temple session, the Church Humanitarian Center, the Salt Lake. We visited BYU, ate some really yummy ice cream at the Creamery on 9th, visited the Provo temple, and visited the MTC. We visited Cove Fort on the way down to St. George. We saw some historic buildings and houses in St. George, saw the temple and the visitor center, went shopping at the outlet mall, and saw "The Sound of Music" at Tuachann. Thanks mom and dad for taking us and especially for putting up with us.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Utah discoveries
Last Saturday we returned from Utah after having been touring around for about a week. We spent most of our time in Salt Lake but also visited Provo and St. George. Jeber enjoyed discovering the wonder that is Utah for the first time and I was able to do things I had never done before. My parents were kind enough to take us and were very patient with us and understanding of what we wanted to do. Anyway, it was a good get-away as a sort of graduation celebration for me and these pictures are just a few selected from the mass of photos taken.
1. Here we have all of the matches Jeber found in the drawer of a desk in the smelly "smoke-free" room we stayed in in Provo. Talk about ghetto! I just noticed and would like to point your attention towards the book that is also in the picture. For those of you non-Spanish speakers--"The Miracle of Forgiveness"--nice touch.
2. We went to Music and the Spoken Word on Sunday morning. It was really neat to hear MOTAB in person and to see the man with the famous voice--Lloyd K. Newell, who Jeber pointed out says the little lick at General Conferences: "This is the 175th session....
3. We are pictured here with Jeber's name-sake: Heber J. Grant. (Interesting picture of both of us)
4. In the Church History museum as part of the exhibit of Gordon B. Hinckley. Pretty cool stuff!

5. We went horse-back riding on Antelope the island, the island in the middle of the Salt Lake. We also went swimming in the Great Salt Lake--it wasn't very "Great"--it was basically disgusting.

6. We ate at this cool Guatemalan restaraunt that serves only Mexican and American food--go figure. It was really cool though, way more elaborate than Rainforest Cafe and they had a pool in the middle of the restaurant and Mayan divers that did all of these cool dives into the pool while you ate dinner. (Mom is so funny!)
7. Jeber has decided that he could spend everyday on Temple Square and not get sick of it.



10 comments:
O.K. So where are the pictures you promised? Don't tell me you were too busy moving or something to upload them. :)
There you go Margo. I didn't know we were in such high demand. You guys moving?
Thanks for posting the pics! You got some good ones and it looks like you guys had fun. I assume that pulpit is just a replica of the one in the conference center, right? Is it actually made out of wood as well? I love mom's Vanna White pose in front of the box. Too funny! I think we went to that restaurant a few years ago. It's pretty crazy how they dive into such a small area of water. I would be way too terrified to even go feet first, let alone dive there!!
Yup, we're moving about 30 minutes from where we are now to a condo. It is closer to Trev's work and has more room so we can get all of our stuff out of storage. Did you guys move yet?
I knew you were moving--I guess I just meant are you doing it right now? Our apartment is supposed to be ready this week, it's just a matter of finding time when Jeber isn't working his little booty off to do it. That is a replica of what is in the conference center, it's made out of wood, and it shows how there is a clock on it so you can watch your time when speaking and all of that. It is so tall I had to stand on my tip-toes so mom could take a picture of me and see more than just the top of my head. I guess that doesn't necessarily mean it's all that tall! :)
Those are great pictures Megan! I love Temple Square. That restaurant sounds interesting. Where is it again? I want to check it out! We try to get up there every conference. Looks like you guys had a fun time!!
The restaurant is called The Mayan Adventure and is just outside of Salt Lake in Sandy. It's pretty neat. That's cool that you get to go there that often. Jeber is jealous
Megan, hi its brittany. i would ask how you are but looks like you guys are going good and had a lot of fun in utah!! that is such a fun place to visit. i will always remember the first time i went there. how cool for jeber. i didnt know you had a blog!? i am so glad that i found you on tara's family list on her blog!! i will have to add you to my list if that is ok.? you guys are so cute together. well thanks for letting me stop in on your blog and feel free to check mine out. i love looking at the family blogs to see what everyone is up to. i would love to be able to see margo's blog but dont know how to get invited!? i miss everyone. hope to hear back from you.
and that picture of your mom is hilarious. she is so funny!!
Hi Megan - its Tara! This blog thing makes me laugh. So I saw your comment on Margo's requesting an invite for Brittany and then I saw your comment on Brittany's requesting an invite to Stephenie's and I am just laughing. Stinkin private blogs! I actually have Steph's password and so I'll send you an invite. She has no idea how to do it.....so I'm glad I saw your little messages so I could help. Hope you don't mind Steph - when and if you ever read this.
You and Jeber are seriously cute together. Glad you are so happy and having fun.
I'm so with Brittany on the funny picture of your mom - she cracks me up - that picture is so her!
ok so I'm a little slow and I just realized that I need your email address to add you to steph's blog. Send me an email so I have your address. Your mom and michelle have my email address. I will send brittany's email address to Margo as well. Whew! We'll get this figured out sooner or later.
oh that last comment was from Tara, not stephenie - sorry
Post a Comment