Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Yay for summer break!  Here is what we have been up to:
 This kid is so loved.  His grandma and grandpa Hancock are completely in love with him and he is such a good sport to let them hold, play, and laugh with him.  They have been missing him this summer so we have made several visits to their house so they can play together. 

He goes through phases of having favorite toys.  For a few days it was this light-saber that came from great-grandma/pa.  He was not a happy camper when he was separated from it, thus why he is eating his dinner whilst holding it.
 This was what we had been missing from January-May!!!  We started the summer off right by eating breakfast in bed, in our pajamas, while watching Baby Einsteins (which is pretty dumb but he thoroughly enjoyed).  So nice to not be in a rush to get somewhere in the mornings and to have time to cuddle in bed, relax, and enjoy being together.

Like his morning hair?  He gets that from his mom.  We are pretty attractive.
 He LOVES to climb over, under, around, through anything and everything.  He loves when his Jeber or I lay on the ground and he can climb all over us.  He loves to climb through the legs of the piano.  He loves to climb up into the bottom of the nightstands in our bedroom......Everywhere he can!

Skinny little kid!
 Jeber is a nice guy who loves to help people.  He volunteered to pull a trailer up to a campsite for our stake's scout camp and P and I decided to tag along.  They thanked us by letting us drive this monster around.  I drove and Jeber held baby on the back.  I was SOOO terrified to have baby on there with us and was trying to be so careful that I was too scared to go anywhere too rocky or too far.
 This picture doesn't really do justice to his love for Otter Pops.  He gets so upset when the one or two pops we share are all gone that I usually have to distract him with something else.  It is so cute to see his red, or purple, or blue lips when we are done.
 Well......we had to drive back up to the campsite to pick the trailer up and pull it back home.  We drove up on Friday, stopped by a little homemade icecream shop in Strawberry where P pretty much devoured his dad's ice cream cone, and then got the campsite.  So Jeber, P, and I----at scout camp!  Luckily, there was already a tent set up for us, we broke out the air mattress and sleeping bags I had gotten on Cyber MOnday and we were good to go.  We ate Navajo tacos with the scouts, and they made me go straight to the front of the line (I hate that), hung around a little bit, watched their skits, and then left the scouting fun to go get settled in our tent for the night. Jeber slept on one side on the ground and P and I slept on the air mattress and shared our mummy sleeping bag on the other side---NOt comfortable.
 In the morning he wanted to test out his dad's sleeping bag too.  He approved.
 We went to downtown Mesa on Saturday before the 4th of July to watch the fireworks.  We got there only early enough to eat at Mango's, walk around for about 15 minutes, and then the fireworks started.  The heat was pretty much disgusting---as were some of the under-dressed people who were there.  P wasn't scared of the fireworks and I think he enjoyed watching them.

And this is why I am pretty much the official photographer for our little family.  Jeber thinks it's hilarious when he takes pictures like this where I look ridiculous.
 We bought a glider from someone off of craiglist before P was born and they threw in a highchair with it.  It had pink fabric but we figured we could just change the cover.  After having it sit in our kitchen for months and months, I was trying to find a replacement non-girly cover online and found that the highchair had been recalled.  Fantastic.  After feeding him all his meals in the bumbo, we finally broke down and bought a high chair this summer.  Baby loves it! It is so comfy and high so he can see everything that's going on in the kitchen.
Kids do not get any cuter than this one!!!!!!  He should be a model---anyone know how I can go about that? (:

"I'm such a big kid--no big deal."

Those eyes!!!!!!
 He loves making messes and playing with everything that aren't his toys.  Here he found a box of jewelry and had tons of fun.  At one point he was holding a watch of mine and it totally reminded me of the illustration in "I'll Love You Forever" where the kid is sitting in the trashed bathroom holding a watch.
 Last weekend Jeber had the idea to make a little water play area in our backyard for baby.  Except for the rocks underneath the tarp that made it pretty uncomfortable and it being past his bedtime, baby had fun---he really likes water.
 On Sunday we gave him his first biter biscuit thing.  Ummmmmmm, yeah he pretty much devoured it.  He loved it.  It was his first time really feeding himself.  Most of his other snacks are so small that when he tries to put them in his mouth his fingers get in the way.
Gracias Tia Dana for the biscuits
 He has been crawling for quite a while now, except on his arms and legs using his feet to push himself and his arms to pull---so Army crawl.  Two days ago he crawled for the first time on his hands and knees.  It slowed him down a little bit but he was doing so well just all of a sudden.  (Sorry for the practically naked man in the background--don't look too carefully)
 He is loving to pull himself up.  For a few weeks he was using Jeber or my body to pull himself up to a kind-of standing position.  Now he uses the couch and doesn't have to work very hard anymore to pull himself up.  He thinks he's pretty smart.
He loves the shower and crawls down to the bathroom in our bedroom as fast as his little body will let him everytime he hears the water come on.  Usually I catch him in time and hold him as he plays with the shower curtain or he pulls it open to peek at his dad.  Last week I decided to just let him do his thing and to watch and see what he would do.  Yep, he crawled right into that shower with his dad---fully clothed and bibbed---without any hesitation.  He was in heaven crawling around the floor of the shower with his dad and playing in the water.  I am SOOO tempted to post a picture--it was so cute!  We got a great one of baby and his daddy after we took baby's clothes off--but my two boys naked in the shower might be too exciting for some people.

In other news, for about a month now baby has been sleeping in his own bed, in his own room.  We had to train him, which wasn't fun but not too bad either.  Now baby and momma are much more rested and happy.  He generally sleeps from about 7:30/8pm to around 6:30am.  Yay!  I will admit that I miss cuddling with him in bed every night terribly!  I go through withdrawals (:

9month post coming soon

1 comment:

The Rogers said...

He really could be a model Megan! He has the most beautiful eyes, and that dark hair makes him so handsome! He is getting so big! We should plan our boys year check ups on the same day and time so I can see him in person!!!