December
Here is what I remember of December:
 |
| Oops! This picture is from NOvember. He loved the carousel ride at the mall when we went to kid's club! This was way past his nap-time so not much in the way of smiles but he was upset when I took him off. |
 |
| We went to our ward Christmas party and P had fun roaming around like he owned the place--as usual. |
 |
| Someone was even able to convince Jeber to get up and sing Silent NIght in Spanish with the other SPanish speakers in the ward as part of the program. |
 |
| We thought it was time (since it was almost the middle of December) that grandma and grandpa had a tree in their house too so we went to pick it out and take it to them. P thought it was fun splashing in the water. |
P gets sick. He has a fever and won't eat or drink or WALK. He is not acting like his normal, active self and is sleeping like crazy. I am worried about dehydration so try to get him to drink Pedialyte or Gatorade or something without much success. And why isn't he walking?!! He tries and it is like he is just too weak and can't. After a couple of days of this over the weekend, he ends up with a rash but acting a little bit more normal. Talk to the doctor's office: Roseola. So he's over that and back to his normal self in no time.
I have still been breastfeeding at night and some nap times. I don't know how to stop or even if either one of us is ready to stop or when we might be but.....it is becoming painful so I have started to try to get him to drink a bottle instead. A smart person would have probably just weaned him altogether but I just needed a quick change to deal with the pain. He was reluctant to switch to bottle but when it's night and he is clearly ready to sleep, after a few minutes of only getting a bottle as an option he gives in and drinks the bottle. This goes on for a few days. Nap times he is more reluctant for the bottle and I some times give in.
 |
| Oh the curl!! |
 |
| !!!!! |
 |
| And then we took him to get a haircut ): This is us on a date at a Chinese buffet. He goes on all our dates with us. He is too fun to leave behind. |
Made it through my holiday concert at school. Jeber is keeping really busy with work, even though winters are usually slow. At some point during this month, not sure when, I take a pregnancy test. NO wonder breastfeeding has been so uncomfortable---my body is going through some changes. Make an appointment with my OB for the end of January!
Mom is nice enough to ride with me to the outlet mall in Anthem. I am prone to being very confused and directionless while in the car and I was nervous to go by myself, so mom went with baby and I. We ended up coming home with some plastic yard tools I had been wanting to find for P for Christmas, and that's pretty much it. It was a LONG drive for a whole lot of nothing. SHe was very helpful feeding P his Taco Bell burrito on the ride home.
 |
| Has been loving going for walks around our neighborhood, just like this: laying in the wagon with pillows behind him, a blanket under him for cushion, a blanket over him for warmth, and sometimes holding on to a stuffed animal. This is a great way to get him to fall asleep (and then I leave him in the wagon in the garage to continue sleeping when we get home) |
 |
| Our tree on Christmas morning. There are a few more presents under the tree than last year. |
 |
| P is ready to open some presents. |
 |
| Sitting in his new chair to open the rest of his presents. |
 |
Very excited about the animal crackers that were in his stocking mitten. |
 |
| Now we can put him to work in the backyard. |
 |
| After opening presents at our house we drove to grandma and grandpa's to go to their ward where they were participating in their Christmas program. P got to wear his authentic Guatemalan clothes and look like a stud. We went to their house after church and ate brunch, opened presents when all the cousins came over, left to visit the Layton's, came back and ate some more, watched our wedding video, and then convinced grandma and grandpa to come look at the Temple lights with is since they hadn't seen them this year. |
 |
| Waiting in the long line to see the nativity display. |
 |
| Daddy and son looking at the lights. |
 |
| What a goof. |
Then it was our four-year anniversary. Jeber surprised me and told me to get ready because we were going out and P was staying at grandma's. My heart stopped for a minute as I thought he meant staying the night at grandma's and I didn't want him too! I have never been away from my cuteness overnight. But then he clarified that he was just playing there while we went to eat and I felt a lot better. We had heard about the restaurant at Falcon Field and had wanted to try it out. We thought the place we had heard about was the Monastery so after dropping off P we drove there to eat. We parked and started walking in and knew instantly that it was not what we had in mind for our anniversary dinner (the place we had heard about was Anzio's Landing---oops) so we drove to Serrano's instead. We ate a little dinner (that didn't do much for my picky appetite as of late) and then picked up sweetpea.
 |
| HAve I mentioned before that this kid likes candy? Daddy gave him some on the way home. Yikes! |
 |
| THe next couple of days were spent cleaning and organizing the house. P was loving to have mom and dad at home all day at the same time and didn't want to miss out by taking naps so Jeber had to lug a sleeping child on his back while he worked. |
 |
| New Year's eve we went to the park to feed the ducks. P loved throwing bread at them and was not at all afraid to get up and close to the water. |
 |
| This was the first time we had ever taken him to the park and he loved being able to run around and climb up and down things. |
And then we went to play with grandma for a little while and keep her company since pretty much EVERYONE else was out of town. We did not, however, make it to midnight.
2011 is over
No comments:
Post a Comment