Sunday, April 29, 2012

November

November.
P continues to think he's pretty big walking like a stud.

We planted a garden:  spinach, beets, radishes, cilantro, carrots, lettuce, cabbage, green onion, garlic.  P was a big helper.
We had some friends (my cousin's kiddos) come over to play while their parents went to the temple.  I have been babysitting kids for a long time but this was one of the few since having my own kid---it's definitely different now.








I took him to Kid's Club at the mall to sing songs and ride the carousel.  He is perfectly content just sitting in the stroller, watching the other kids, and just being around people. 


When we were dating and first married, Jeber and I used to go to the movies a lot (I have no idea how because they are expensive).  After having a kid, going to the movies became very rare and few-and-far between.  For that matter, I can count on one hand the number of times we have left P to go do something, just the two of us.  When I mentioned to Jeber that I wanted to see the newest Twilight movie, he said we could wait until it came out on DVD to watch it.  THe day it came out, he texted me a picture of two tickets to the movie and he had arranged for P to play at GRandma and grandpa's so we could go.  Isn't that sweet?  Too bad the talking werewolves made me embarrassed to be watching the movie.


He doesn't like it when you try to hold it for him--he has to hold it himself.  Don't worry: it's usually water or sometimes strawberry lemonade
He loves to be in our bed---playing, reading, cuddling, watching movies, relaxing.

We celebrated Thanksgiving at Gma and Gpa Hancocks.  P was walking all over, loving to be around everyone, stealing drinks from the little kids' table, and not eating a thing.

While P and I sleep, Jeber hits the Black Friday sales.  He manages to pick up some portable DVD players for the car, bags of clothes for P from Anthem Outlets, and .........don't remember what else.  He left late Thursday night and didn't come back until sometime Friday morning---crazy kid!  I had mixed feelings about not going with him--it's something we had done together the past four years---even the month after P was born we lugged him around with us.


At the end of the month, someone in my parents' ward asked my sisters and I to sing at their mother's funeral.  On the way home from the funeral, I spied a little dresser that I thought was so cute at a yard sale.  Although I did not NEED it and didn't know what I would do with it, I talked them down to $35 from $50 and brought it home with me. So...for your viewing pleasure........
Before:
 After:

He loves being outside----especially now that he can walk.  We were in the backyard working on the garden and he thought the hose was pretty tasty.


No comments: