Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Baby's first Christmas

The Sunday before Christmas we hung our special ornaments on my parents' tree.  (I have been spoiled with my parents' always getting a real tree that smells fantastic and my mom spending TONS of time decorating it.  This year it was a small artificial tree--but it held our special ornaments just the same)  Of course this involved A LOT of crying, which I explained to Brooke was because I was happy, not sad.  I have been feeling overwhelmed with the amount of love I have and the awe I feel for our creation and the happiness from starting my own little family with Jeber. 
Christmas Eve we ate some Mexican food at my parents'.  After eating, Jeber was downstairs laying on the futon with a sore back, I was downstairs laying on the futon with an icky tummy, and Parley was downstairs laying on the futon because that's where his food was.  The rest of the fam was upstairs playing bells and singing along--their rendition of Silent Night made me cry--and then the kids acted out the Nativity.  They also did "The Twelve Days of Christmas" sing-along that we always used to do at my grandparents' with all the cousins.  Michelle would always lead the way as everyone sang the song and did different actions to act out each of the gifts.  Jeber, baby, and I missed out on all of it.  We came home late (we didnt even have to stay up all night helping my mom wrap presents) and Jeber proceeded to clean the house.  He did the stack of dishes, wiped down the countertops, swept the floors, cut some pineapple--stayed up till about 3am doing it all.  I wonder how santa snuck in without him noticing?
Christmas morning, baby and I woke up daddy about 8:30 to open our presents.  Baby got spoons, a toy, diapers, and wipes.  I got a paint sprayer, deodorant, and "Eclipse" movie.  Jeber got a movie, rubiks cube, and candy.  We had bought some food storage, a tent, sleeping bags, and an air mattress in the weeks before, but I didnt feel like wrapping those.  Then we git cute and went to my parents' for breakfast.  It was muy delicioso.  My mom finished wrapping some gifts and then we opened gifts from my parents'.  We got some great stuff--a grain mill, food grinder for baby, some kid books in English and Spanish, some card games, movies, CD, luggage, and more!  My parents' are always very generous and thoughtful in their gift giving.  We went to the Layton's for lunch where we got some food storage and a dutch oven kit and then headed back to my parents' to relax and plan Parley's blessing day.

















No comments: