Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Time

Holy Crow!  How has two months already flown by?!!!  I don't think I am currently a fan of time.  It's a good thing Jeber got used to me randomly crying when I was pregnant.  I am pretty sure it is something he is going to have to deal with the rest of our lives--I guess I am my mother's daughter.  So as of yesterday at his 2 month birthday, my handsome pee-wee is

  • 9lbs 2oz---which is 5th percentile for weight
  • 22 and 3/4 inches long---which is average length
  • his head is 35th percentile
  • small but growing at a normal rate
  • he smiles
  • he laughs
  • he coos
  • he sleeps next to me in my bed
  • likes sleeping on his side
  • he drools a lot more, although still not a lot
  • has spit up only twice ever, once a little spit-up drool and the other a full-blown spit-up
  • toots very loudly
  • doesn't poop for days and then explodes, leaving a mess for me to clean up---now I see why cloth diapers are a drag. Cleaning the clothes is a pain enough
  • ate from a bottle yesterday for the first time.  I pumped for the first time (Okay, can I mention that pumping is like the weirdest thing that has ever happened to my body) and got a few ounces for Jeber to feed to baby in preparation for me going back to work. Jeber thought it was GREAT and was as pleased as could be to be able to feed his baby and I promptly began sobbing uncontrollably. Jeber did not understand at all what must be going on in my head and the things he was saying to try to comfort me were pretty much making it worse.  Thank goodness the few ounces I pumped ended up not being enough for baby and he still wanted to nurse after.  And he hadn't completely forgotten how to do it---so that was a plus too.
  • loves to kick his legs
  • is as adorable as can be
  • can do no wrong in my eyes ( :
  • is getting chunkier--although that's still not very chunky
  • likes to look at colors
  • still has very dark eyes--pretty sure they will end up brown
  • keeps his hands in fists.  he ends up having stinky hands all the time because he sleeps in gowns that have hand covers on them, gets lint trapped in his hands, and then keeps them so tightly fisted that I have a hard time cleaning them
  • experienced his first Thanksgiving
  • has been to church three times and was really easy all three times (although I am not a big fan of the mother's lounge because it forces me to be social so we are still trying to time it just right so that he eats right before we leave for church--it hasn't worked out for us yet)

1 comment:

The Rogers said...

Sounds like things are going so good!!! I'm so glad to hear you still cry now and then, I thought the emotions were supposed to go away but I still find myself crying for no reason!!!!:) 2mo. is a fun stage, I love the smiles and coo's!!!